COSTA RICA – IMPORT PROCEDURES
OCEAN AND AIR – SHIPMENT PRE-ALERT
Must include /scanned documents with:
- Flight / Vessel details
- MAWB / HAWB or MBL / HBL
- Cargo Manifest
- Invoice (see 2.2 of general information)
- Packing List
- Certificates (Fumigation, Origin, etc – if necessary)
- Debit /Credit Note
|REX CARGO COSTA RICA, S.A.|
|Edificio Rex Internacional
Real Cariari O 500 N 300
La Asunción de Belén
Tel: +506 22097000
Storage charges and customs fines may apply if not followed:
- Original documents must always be sent with the cargo unless previously authorized by consignee.
- Please make sure that the weight shown on HAWB and HBL always reflects the actual weight of cargo.
- All shipments must be properly labeled with MAWB-HAWB-MBL-HBL # / Shipper / Consignee / Origin / Destination.
- HAWB and HBL must include all charges to be billed in agents status of account, debit or credit notes. Extra charges billed and not reflected in HAWB or HBL will not be processed.
- Final Destination SAN JOSE, COSTA RICA
IMPORTANT: Customs penalties for not following the below procedure will be charged to origin agent.